Sunday, February 25, 2018

Sprung

Spring has arrived super early here with everything bursting into bloom almost a whole month sooner than normal. It seems strange when late February looks and feels more like April. It's been up to 85 degrees every afternoon. I've been wearing shorts for a week.

It's a lovely time of year in South Carolina, and my favorite season by far. It's so nice outside today that I'm inspired to share some photos with you. The first was taken by me in my backyard this morning. The rest are courtesy of my friend since childhood, Trey, and were taken in our hometown in Marion County, SC as well as Myrtle Beach, SC, which is only about a 45 minute drive from where we grew up. (Thanks for letting me use these, Trey. I really appreciate it!)

Image may contain: cloud, sky, tree, plant, outdoor and nature
Dramatic morning sky.

Image may contain: cloud, sky, tree, outdoor and nature
Flat, flat land.

Image may contain: tree, sky, grass, plant, outdoor and nature
Early flowering trees.

Image may contain: cloud, sky, tree, outdoor and nature
Life in the country

Image may contain: sky, tree, outdoor, nature and water
Sunset on the Little Pee Dee river.
Image may contain: sky, cloud, tree, twilight, outdoor and nature
Peaceful.



Image may contain: ocean, sky, cloud, beach, twilight, outdoor, nature and water
Sunrise over Myrtle Beach, SC.

17 comments:


  1. Such wonderful weather and photos.
    I hope the cold front does not change your wonderful weather.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos. I'm especially drawn to the sunset on the Little Pee Dee River.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very dramatic photos, I love those clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is some real magic in those skies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does look like spring. I hope it stays warm and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. we have had seattle-type weather the past 4 days - cold & rainy. no flowers, only mud everywhere. depressing. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, absolutely beautiful photos. January here was spring weather but February gave us seven inches of snowfall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cloud photos and the rural scenes. Love them all actually.

    Alphie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spring there no sign it of it North Idaho, actual it snowing now.
    Stop in from High Riser. If you have time stop in for a cup of coffee

    ReplyDelete
  10. It all looks very calm and beautiful. No actual blossom here yet, but the buds are swelling. However, leaves are bursting out on the Quince and the Weeping Willow. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are beautiful pictures, Jennifer! You know I have a "thing" for dramatic skies, so the first one is my favourite here.
    You're going about in shorts? Wow! At ca. 15 F here this morning, I won't leave the house with the warmest of my padded winter coats, scarf, gloves and woolly hat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos! I love the idyllic countryside and the flowering trees. I used to love riding through South Carolina when my family traveled north from Florida to my grandmother's in DC every year -- and those photos remind me of the sights I used to see. (We passed through Marion County, I think!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well - that's so nice for you Jennifer! Spring days and shorts while Europe shivers. I am not jealous, not jealous at all. Jealousy is mean-spirited.

    ReplyDelete
  14. However, leaves are bursting out on the Quince and the Weeping Willow. Hooray!


    สมัคร D2BET

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a lovely time of year in South Carolina, and my favorite season by far. It's so nice outside today that I'm inspired to share some photos with you. The first was taken by me in my backyard this morning. The rest are courtesy of my friend since childhood, Trey, and were taken in our hometown in Marion County, SC as well as Myrtle Beach, SC, which is only about a 45 minute drive from where we grew up. (Thanks for letting me use these, Trey. I really appreciate it!)สมัคร D2BET

    ReplyDelete