Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Blueberries!

They're finally ready......hanging in beautiful blue bunches, waiting to be picked.....blueberries!


I had two little helpers, but they mostly wanted to goof off.


We're so lucky to be renting a house that had several mature blueberry bushes when we moved in. Every year we get loads of berries and we put forth zero effort to maintain the bushes. When we find a house to buy, it has to have enough land for a garden and several fruit trees...and some blueberry bushes. I picked 6 cups of berries today in 30 minutes or so.


Tonight after dinner, this is what I did with 5 cups of them.


And later, after our evening walk, a slice of warm pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream is going to be the bomb!

4 comments:

  1. Lucky you. We have peaches and mini-plums at the moment, but no blueberries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only just discovered the taste of blueberries, I now feel a tad envious of your bushes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always find blueberries a little disappointing or maybe I have been unlucky or the ones we are sold over here are just so mass produced all the flavor has gone from them. I love our blackcurrants best I have to say. But your blueberry pie does look very scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your pie looks amazing... we have fruit bushes they are definitely worth it :)

    ReplyDelete