Thursday, July 18, 2013

This and that

I haven't been online as much as I would like lately. I feel the urge to sit down and write, but private time to do so seems to be hard to find right now.

I'm working on finding a new job these days. I've been tweaking my resume, doing some volunteer work (more on that later!) and gathering references. I'm excited to be taking small steps towards my goal of finding a better situation for myself.

The summer is going by quickly, and before I get too deep into the job hunt, I plan to enjoy the next couple of weeks. I have a four-day weekend coming up, and I've planned several fun things to do, including a day trip to the beach. I can't let a whole summer slip by without taking at least one dip into salt water!

3 comments:

  1. I wish you well with your job hunt. Job satisfaction, and appreciation, is so very important (as, of course, is a salt water swim).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your projects! Getting everything done in a day seems almost impossible, even without the nice-to-have me-time thingie...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The summer really is whizzing past, isn't it? I've noticed that, too. Your upcoming camp sounds like a lot of fun - summer never feels 100% complete to me without at least a day or two of camping. I hope you have a fantastic time and am wholeheartedly wishing you the best of luck with your job search.

    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* Awww, I'm very happy to have introduced you to dear ol' Oggie (aka, the Ogopogo). One of these days I'm going to devote a post just to that beloved local mythical (or is it? :) ) critter, too.

    ReplyDelete