Monday, March 25, 2013

Easter egg birthday party!

This has been a great weekend. In addition to having four days off work, last night a couple of friends came over and we had a little party in which we ate too much, drank too much, and dyed Easter eggs. We had so much fun!

Party table!

Gettin' fancy shmancy with the radish roses!!!

Mini brownie bites with peanut butter cups baked inside!
 
Carrot cake with cream cheese icing.

Local wine.
 
Prepping for whiskey sours.....

...the glasses are ready....

Delicious!
 
Getting crafty in the garage. We were banned from the house.
I can't imagine why!
 
Messy! Colorful! And a creepy floating egg!

M. and her dyed fingers! Also, see how happy she looks? That's
the result of two glasses of wine and two whiskey sours!

 
T. and her "goth" egg! She has the same birthday
as me so it was a double celebration! 


My eggs, so pretty!


The lovely flowers my husband surprised me with.

We didn't get photos of all of the food, mainly the hot dogs we grilled (yum!) or the delicious dip my friend M. brought. But rest assured, we had a small feast!

It was a very happy birthday. And now I'm thirty-eight years old. Eeek!

3 comments:

  1. And you all wore white ankle-length socks. The coloured eggs look great... hope you haven't got a sore head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a combination of an alcohol/food hangover today. At least I don't have to go back to work until tomorrow!

      And was it worth it? Oh yeah!

      Delete
  2. A belated Happy Birthday young lady. X

    ReplyDelete