Monday, October 1, 2012

Let's start with FOOD!

This past Saturday night, for the second year in a row, I hosted a Mid Autumn Moon celebration for my best girlfriends. We had a lot of fun, and one of the best parts of this year's party was the awesome food everyone contributed! So to kick off a couple of posts describing the party, I thought I'd start with photos of the fabulous food we had!

Assembling cheeses, nuts, crackers.


Autumn fruit platter.


Bean dip work of art

Homemade spring rolls made by one friend's Laotian mother in law.
Thanks Mrs. P!!!


Pumpkin chocolate chip cake.
 
 




Pretty outdoor table loaded with goodies.
 
Cranberry Pomegranate Sangria and
homemade muscandine wine.
 


A toast to our one "sister" who couldn't make it.
Hi Meg! Missed you!!
 
 
 
Tomorrow: decorations!
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Hey Jennifer...Happy October to you! And you know how I love the idea of your Mid Autumn Moon celebration. I would SO love to come to this. In lieu of that, I will just pretend I'm there by viewing all the great images. And I must say that food looks great and is making me very hungry! Looking forward to the decorations as well. I REALLY REALLY could go for some of that Cranberry Pomegranate Sangria...I love Sangria with fruit in it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Wendy!!! If you could ever make it to SC...you are so invited!!!! Seriously!

      Delete
  2. And how many of you were there? It looks as if you were feeding an army! If you want to sell your glass sangria jug.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The glass jug is the second one I've ended up with...they come from a friend whose grandmother makes homemade wine and sends us some for our party. I don't know where she gets them, but they are nice, aren't they? :)

      Delete
  3. This post made me so hungry, even though I have seen it before. LOL. And I love the toast! Ugh, how I wish I could have been there!!!

    ReplyDelete