Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday the 13th

"I'm not superstitious. But I'm a little stitious."  -Michael Scott, from The Office

So it's Friday the 13th and so far the day is living up to it's reputation.

First, I forgot to put out the trash for today's pickup for the second week in a row. Nice. I woke up to the sound of the garbage truck lumbering down our street and my first thought on this fine morning was, "Oh sh*t!" So I threw on some shorts and sprinted outside....only to see the truck cruise past our house and continue on it's way. Sigh.

Then, I came in to face the wreck that is my house....the house I spent all day cleaning yesterday in anticipation of one of Husband's friends coming over. I cooked a ton of Mexican food, we drank beer, a good time was had by all, but now I'm left with the aftermath. Again, sigh.

What should cap off the morning is that Husband and I are headed to the Verizon store to get new cell phones and a new plan for our phone/internet/etc. Should be loads of fun, given how the rest of the morning is going!

Well, off to see what kind of bad luck I can find! Happy 13th!

No comments:

Post a Comment